In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mesa de trabajo feminine
- But we can't put a work table in the bathroom and that's the only north window we have.
- His work table, under the low, wooden-beamed ceiling, carries no new piece in progress.
- Bart staggered from his bed to answer the phone on his work table, ‘Hello?’
- Position the cut over the edge of your work table and snap the panel.
- He went to the work table in the corner where all the gardening supplies were.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.