In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lugar patrimonio de la humanidad masculinepatrimonio de la humanidad masculine
- It was designated a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 2003.
- The caves have been designated as a World Heritage Site by the UN.
- He said that he was aware of a town in Scotland that had a similar heritage to Portlaw and was now designated as a World Heritage Site.
- Hadrian's Wall was made a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1987.
- In 1992, soon after UNESCO declared the entire area a World Heritage Site, French conservationists returned to literally pick up the pieces.
- Today, it is the only house in the United States designated as a World Heritage Site, and it became America's first National Horticultural Landmark in 1998.
- Why did the Piton Management Area get World Heritage Site status?
- It is very visible, on the edge of a World Heritage Site and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The Selous was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982 due to the significance of both its flora and fauna.
- Stonehenge was declared a World Heritage Site in 1986
- Shark Bay meets all the criteria required by Unesco to designate it a World Heritage Site.
- Cradle of French civilization in America, Quebec City with its historic district is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
- Academic experts on Tara have described the valley as a unique landscape deserving of the highest level of protection and want Tara designated a World Heritage Site.
- In third place is Fountains Abbey, the World Heritage Site near Ripon in North Yorkshire.
- Mount Stewart with its magnificent 18th century mansion set in 78 acres was designated a World Heritage Site in 1999.
- The temple, now identified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, replicates the legendary Chariot of the Sun.
- Recently UNESCO announced the city of Halong as a World Heritage Site.
- It is a massive project aimed at saving an extraordinary urban zone that UNESCO proclaimed a World Heritage Site in 1982.
- The United Nations declared the Selous Game Reserve a World Heritage Site in 1982.
- The devices will be field tested this June at the Masada World Heritage Site near Israel's Dead Sea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.