In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lugar patrimonio de la humanidad masculinepatrimonio de la humanidad masculine
- Hadrian's Wall was made a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1987.
- Cradle of French civilization in America, Quebec City with its historic district is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
- Why did the Piton Management Area get World Heritage Site status?
- In 1992, soon after UNESCO declared the entire area a World Heritage Site, French conservationists returned to literally pick up the pieces.
- The Selous was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982 due to the significance of both its flora and fauna.
- Recently UNESCO announced the city of Halong as a World Heritage Site.
- The United Nations declared the Selous Game Reserve a World Heritage Site in 1982.
- Stonehenge was declared a World Heritage Site in 1986
- In third place is Fountains Abbey, the World Heritage Site near Ripon in North Yorkshire.
- It was designated a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 2003.
- It is very visible, on the edge of a World Heritage Site and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Academic experts on Tara have described the valley as a unique landscape deserving of the highest level of protection and want Tara designated a World Heritage Site.
- The temple, now identified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, replicates the legendary Chariot of the Sun.
- The devices will be field tested this June at the Masada World Heritage Site near Israel's Dead Sea.
- Today, it is the only house in the United States designated as a World Heritage Site, and it became America's first National Horticultural Landmark in 1998.
- He said that he was aware of a town in Scotland that had a similar heritage to Portlaw and was now designated as a World Heritage Site.
- Shark Bay meets all the criteria required by Unesco to designate it a World Heritage Site.
- It is a massive project aimed at saving an extraordinary urban zone that UNESCO proclaimed a World Heritage Site in 1982.
- The caves have been designated as a World Heritage Site by the UN.
- Mount Stewart with its magnificent 18th century mansion set in 78 acres was designated a World Heritage Site in 1999.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.