In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1engranaje de tornillo sin fin masculine
- This pinion received its power through a set of extra heavy worm gears controlled by an open and cross belt, producing the reverse movement for tilting the saw in either direction.
- We don't have to use hydraulic motors or worm gear reduction drives.
- An electric motor drives the other input shaft via a worm gear that wraps around the planetary gearset.
- It features worm gears at both the left end of the rear hub and the right end of the front hub that are connected by rigid, rotating rods.
- In the click reel, the wooden screw acts as a continuous wedge turning the worm gear.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.