- The more classic version is the almost dry, bitter drink with the strong aroma of wormwood and other bitter herbs.
- Hemingway later blamed the damage on woodworm, a witty reference to absinthe's quasi - magical ingredient - wormwood.
- Examples of carbonizing herbs to stop bleeding are carbonized cattail pollen, carbonized human hair, carbonized agrimony and carbonized wormwood or mugwort.
- She knew dressmaking, and she had been taught to cook a little bit, and how to care for the sick and wounded; she knew something of the use of plants and herbs - sage and lavender, fennel and hore-hound and wormwood.
- And for that matter, surely someone ought also to have known that absinthe is made with wormwood, not digitalis.
- The drug is extracted from the leaf of the Chinese weed Artemisia annua or sweet wormwood.
- For such a man these herbs should be used: lupin, helenium (which we call elf-dock), marsh mallow, dock elder, wormwood and strawberry leaves.
- A short while after, I passed out - the wormwood must have made me sick.
- This is a powdered mixture of natural ingredients that contains garlic as well as alfalfa, wormwood, yellowdock and pennyroyal.
- Bitter herbs that would help would be gentian, artichoke, bitter orange, turmeric, wormwood and chamomile.
- Yes, absinthe is made with wormwood, which contains a psychoactive chemical called thujon, which causes mild hallucinations.
- The survivors of the 1996 election were relegated to a kind of mute opposition, forced to sip wormwood from the cup of their own brewing.
- To be sure, the morbidity has become less lush; it's been distilled into essence of wormwood.