In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sure, it really is worrisome, because it is clear that the situation has gotten very tense there.
- It's the potential for people to abuse this sort of thing that is worrisome.
- That's worrisome given that contaminants pose the biggest risk to children and fetuses.
- Any instance of inhumane behavior is obviously worrisome and harmful to them when that occurs.
- The weak hold of the international rule of law over the world's greatest democracy is worrisome.
- From now on, I better stick with less worrisome, and even more unlikely, movie plots.
- The most worrisome aspect of this is that we are unlikely to get that proof.
- Aside from genetics, there can be other worrisome effects of an obsession with trophies.
- It is also worrisome that it will take 18 months to get the police force up to its required strength.
- This is a worrisome development for those of us who are enthusiastic about prediction markets.
- When violence is added to the picture, the problem becomes worrisome.
- It's not a tremendously worrisome problem, but it is an area he'll likely focus on this summer.
- Let's move on to another worrisome thing in the economy and that's oil prices.
- More worrisome is the notion that our civil liberties are subject to cancellation in times of crisis.
- His message to the White House was much more worrisome than maybe to the average person in the public.
- But, the report stresses, these thoughts were not necessarily worrisome.
- The whole notion of bilingual education in this context becomes problematic and worrisome.
- However, a more worrisome pattern of disease can be attributed more to vaccine failure than a failure to vaccinate.
- Lost orders compounded an already worrisome situation for the group.
- In some ways more worrisome, though, are his shifting stands on postwar policy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.