In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1envoltorio masculineenvoltura feminine
- She crosses to her dresser and seizes something long and silver from a pile of messy boxes and wrappings.
- They are also offering to send out rubbish patrols after closing to pick up bottles, flyers and food wrappings in the immediate vicinity of the premises.
- And when the mummy finally reached the van, and the linen wrappings had been removed, the CT scan inexplicably stopped working for more than two hours.
- He turned to hydropathy, a Victorian medical fashion in which a patient is given cold showers, steam baths, and wrappings in wet sheets.
- Delicate cornhusk wrappings and innovative flavor combinations are the calling cards of this Southern California company.
- We know it was once highly polished because an unused supply was found in the original tissue paper wrappings.
- Nestle Bulgaria also has a toll-free number, recently introduced on the boxes and the wrappings of its products.
- Much to everyone's humor, Rose amused herself with the gift wrappings and boxes that were trash to everyone else's eyes except her own.
- However, the bus station got its worse grade to date due to the overflowing bins, plastic bottles, plastic bags and plastic wrappings present there.
- She came closer, and they observed her, her form under her soft white wrappings.
- Ethylene is a raw material for making plastic bags and food wrappings.
- This led Harriet and me to delve into the mountains of newspapers that, mingled with Christmas wrappings, were destined for the recycler.
- The fountain in the Corn Exchange has been criticised for being stuffed with food paper wrappings most of the time.
- Using computers and medical scanning techniques, it can reveal the secrets of a mummy without disturbing the wrappings.
- He crumpled up the juvenile green and yellow paper wrappings and tossed them into a plastic sack.
- They even take care to put their empty wrappings and bottles in the litter bins, and that's something a lot of adults could well emulate.
- He also said that the City Council should write to these people and remind them that they were responsible for the chip boxes, chip wrappings and bottles outside their premises.
- The Kenny method involved wrapping the affected body part in hot wrappings to ease muscle pain.
- The project will allow participants to ‘unwrap’ a mummy virtually, to reveal the preserved remains beneath the wrappings and sarcophagus.
- But who in the right mind will ever reject a good present that comes with beautiful wrappings?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.