- When they play-fought, wrestling on the ground or standing on their hindlegs and pushing against each other, he felt a savage affection for them.
- All night the two wrestle, but neither can defeat the other.
- The pair of boys fell to the ground, wrestling drunkenly, trying to get the better of the other.
- The two battlers rolled about, wrestling on the floor of the hallway.
- Children with enlarged spleens should avoid contact sports (even wrestling with friends or siblings at home).
- When I caught up, the pair of them were wrestling on the ground for what looked like, believe it or not, a cookie.
- Their children were the kids I wrestled with and fought with and played Star Wars with.
- They fall to the ground and begin to wrestle around.
- Neither Kyal nor Cade took any notice as they rolled on the ground, wrestling for control.
- The two of them were wrestling on the ground now, and Mega Man managed to pin his brother's wrists to the ground.
- Then we had a snowball fight, wrestled around on the ground, and carried on with play fights for a short while until we were all quite exhausted.
- They fell forward onto the ground, locked together as they wrestled with one another in order to separate themselves into two people.
- We both started laughing and getting into this huge pillow fight when all of a sudden we started wrestling on the ground!
- Opponents wrestle until one is thrown to the ground.
- Witnesses said that despite his age, Bocus wrestled with the gunman, who forced him to the ground and fired a shot through his mouth.
- Freya laughed, and shook her head, watching the 3 of them wrestle on the ground.
- For some sports such as wrestling, no eye protection is available.
- The change, in which both hero and beast are prone and wrestling on the ground, gives a strikingly different appearance from the standing or kneeling schemes.
- However, John Thornton suddenly rushes in to save the day, throwing Hal down to the ground, wrestling with him.
- Jumping, running, swimming, wrestling, and other sports activities are recreation for boys and young adults.
2(grapple)to wrestle with sb/sth
- she wrestled with her attacker — forcejeó con / luchó contra / con su agresor
- she watched him wrestling with the cases — lo miró mientras lidiaba / batallaba con las maletas
- he's been wrestling with the problem for some time now — ha estado lidiando / batallando con el problema hace un tiempo
- all night he wrestled with his conscience — pasó toda la noche batallando con su conciencia
- ‘As he got within a few feet, the person he had been speaking to ran over to him and jumped on him from behind and wrestled him to the floor,’ he said.
- Mr Foster, a former police constable, then struggled with several of the security team, who wrestled him to the floor.
- I was about 50 feet away from Jaggi when 3 or 4 cops dressed as protesters grabbed him, wrestled him into a van and sped away.
- One of the men hit him in the face and wrestled him to the floor.
- Deciding on the best course, he lunged at his brother wrestling him off the couch.
- Literally ripping through a scrim upstage, she attacks Lisa, wrestling her to the floor.
- She approached her and before anyone could stop her, she had pushed the Principal's daughter into the snow and started wrestling her.
- It is understood four passengers subdued the man and wrestled him to the floor of the aircraft, where they sat on him and held him still for the remainder of the journey.
- I twisted around and got to my knees before he was upon me again, wrestling me down.
- Then in a flurry of movement from behind he was wrestled to the floor.
- As they wrestled me into the car, one of them said ‘Come on, it can't be that bad.’
- The four cops busy with Caine wrestled him and slapped handcuffs on him.
- In this case, had I been civic-spirited, I suppose I could have wrestled him down and yelled for the police.
- Officers chased him on foot, tried to disable him with a Taser gun (repelled by Johnson's leather jacket), and finally wrestled him from the cart.
- His much more youthful servants had to wrestle him to the ground to restrain him.
- As the attacker attempted to flee, customers grabbed him and wrestled him to the floor, where he was held until police arrived.
- William rushed over as fast as he could, broke down the door, and wrestled Anthony off of me.
- Ryan growled out a curse of pain and tried to wrestle away from the man.
- Suddenly a guy pushed Ron to the floor and wrestled him.
- I would've rolled on top of him and wrestled him until he admitted I was right.
1luchar contrahe's wrestling Grant tonight — esta noche lucha / tiene un combate de lucha libre contra Grant
- he wrestled his attacker to the ground — forcejeó con / luchó contra su agresor y lo derribó
1lucha feminineto have a wrestle with sb — luchar con algn