In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(in skin)arruga feminine
- She works for months to build the cracks, bumps and wrinkles on the skins of the figures in her paintings.
- Increasingly this year I have noticed lines and wrinkles and baggy eyes that I haven't been aware of before.
- The peel will reduce fine lines and wrinkles, smooth the skin, reduce pore size, even skin tone and improve elasticity.
- Her curly dark brown hair, fell softly into her eyes and you could see the slight wrinkles forming around her mouth from the daily stress of running a single parent household.
- Soft lighting minimizes lines and wrinkles and gives your skin a bit of a glow.
- It was most likely a rumpling of that portion of his suit jacket, or a wrinkle in the fabric.
- Laser resurfacing can erase lines and wrinkles, but occasionally skin texture and color can change with this treatment.
- Although the effects of laser resurfacing can last for years, wrinkles and expression lines recur as skin ages.
- Delicately carved multiple folds at various angles can be easily compared to fine wrinkles on silk fabric.
- This sometimes results in fleeting wrinkles being ironed into permanent pleats or, worse, seeming indelible when they've already washed away.
- There are all manner of expensive injectable treatments that will fill lines, wrinkles and folds, but they only last for six to 12 months.
- Proper skin treatment helps you get a young and smooth skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines, and wrinkles and helps protect your skin from the harmful elements that cause aging.
- Sunbeds can also speed up thinning of the skin, the development of wrinkles and fine lines, and many other changes that we usually associate with aging.
- I smoothed some minor wrinkles from my blue blouse as I looked myself up and down.
- There, it is a sharply bent elbow or a protruding knee that becomes a kind of fulcrum and guide for radiating and zigzagging patterns of wrinkles and folds in the draperies.
- The wrinkles creasing the skin confirmed that she was older than I thought.
- First, the artisan chose a suitable length of cloth and laid it out on a flat surface, making sure that there were no wrinkles or folds.
- When used correctly, glycolic acid can provide gentle exfoliation that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and makes skin more radiant.
- Skin damage, including lines and wrinkles, can actually start showing up in your 20s.
- Lack of moisture is one of the major reasons that the lines and wrinkles on your skin become more apparent.
1.2(in cloth, paper)arruga feminineto iron out the wrinkles — limar las asperezas
2.1informal (tip, shortcut)truco masculinetip masculine Mexico
- But, there have been enough wrinkles in recent events to suggest that we are not simply seeing the standard food chain of capitalism in action.
- The revamped standard of officiating and new rule wrinkles enhanced the postseason action, giving fans the most entertaining run for the Cup in over a decade.
2.2(angle, aspect)enfoque masculine
1(cloth) arrugarto wrinkle one's forehead — fruncir el ceño
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.