In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viejo masculinevieja feminine
- The so-called grey and wrinklies are no fools and a force to be reckoned with.
- The script is incredibly funny, with a bright and breezy pace and a good message for all wrinklies out there: life is worth living and you should pursue your dreams no matter how old you are.
- Being a white-headed wrinklie, as Australians call us old folks, I now feel the laughs bubbling up the way they have most of my 76 years.
- It's full of happy kids, relaxed wrinklies, mums, dads and strolling couples.
- The battle of the wrinklies commences when the ‘Oldie of the Year’ awards are presented in London.
- As tomorrow's wrinklies get older and older they will accumulate disabilities.
- A lot of the wrinklies, in fact, come along with holes in their shirts and jerseys.
- The other day I was given a list of 150 wrinklies and told to call them up and arrange appointments for their alarms to be reprogrammed.
- The other reason I'm here is to house-sit for the wrinklies while they're off swanning around South Australia.
- Last year, not a single wrinkly was working in this town.
- The fears that jazz is increasingly in the hands of grey wrinklies is dispelled by the sight of such musicians as James Lancaster, Dave Hardy and Paul Baxter.
- Younger jazz audiences and open-minded wrinklies will welcome the intriguing comparison of these two CDs.
- This afternoon there were Victorian-style games, followed by a disco for 2-12s and a 70's disco for the wrinklies.
- Often dismissed as wrinklies and fogeys, dodderers and ditherers, it turns out that Saga's target audience are, in fact, among the biggest consumers in the country.
- Remember there's 11 million of us wrinklies out there, and you know we vote in higher numbers than any other age group.
- As a 73-year-old I have to put my hand up and admit to never referring to myself as an old age pensioner, senior citizen, or even a wrinkly - I much prefer my term of recycled teenager, which causes great amusement.
- Disney is great for anyone and for all ages, whether you're a toddler or an old wrinkly!
- Seeing Her Majesty was the one thing the sentimental wrinklies in our family wanted us to do while we're over here.
- This session features a younger group of musicians, refreshing to those who imagine that the jazz is populated by wrinklies.
- Bath's nice - a lot of old wrinklies there, though.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.