In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Anatomymuñeca feminineto slash one's wrists — cortarse las venas
- to slap sb on the wrist, to slap sb's wrist — darle un tirón de orejas a algn
- before noun wrist bone — hueso de la muñeca
- wrist rest — reposamuñecas
- The median nerve passes into the hand via the carpal tunnel of the volar aspect of the wrist.
- Maintain a slight bend in your elbows and keep your wrists aligned with your forearms.
- First he checks the pulse of my left wrist, then the pulse from my right wrist.
- Excessive or repeated use of the muscles that straighten the wrist can cause injury to the tendons, leading to tennis elbow.
- In adults, lead poisoning can result in damage to the central nervous system and severely weaken fingers, joints, wrists and ankles.
- For example, the arm can be numbed with an injection into the upper arm or armpit to allow a broken wrist to be treated.
- The rash usually affects the wrists, ankles, elbows, lower back or genitals, but other parts of the body can also be affected.
- Early in rheumatoid arthritis, joints in your wrists, hands, feet and knees are the ones most often affected.
- The sudden movement and intense power required by throwers can lead to injuries to the upper body limbs, usually the shoulder, elbows and wrists.
- Working with your wrist in a more neutral or straight position will help to prevent injuries in the wrist and forearm.
- If you feel joint pain in your wrists, elbows, shoulders or lower back, stop using the weights.
- A twin pair of white gloves covered her up to about mid forearm, and her wrists were weighted down by silver jewelry.
- Osteoarthritis usually does not affect the wrists, elbows or shoulders.
- Ganglia are swellings that occur around joints, the most common sites being the wrist and ankle.
- Recoil management is controlled by the muscles of the forearms, wrists and hands in isometric opposition.
- If you use your wrist and elbow more than the rest of the arm, try to spread the load so that the larger muscles of the shoulder and upper arm work too.
- If there are any symptoms, including painful, tingling or swollen hands, elbows, wrists or shoulders it is important to get treatment quickly.
- For example, the nickel found in some jewellery may cause eczema on the ear lobes, wrists, and around the neck.
- Boils occur most often on the face, head, neck, forearms and wrists in that order.
- Wrist guards help prevent fractured wrists, one of the most common injuries among in-line skaters.
- The dress was a lovely jade green with eggplant touches at the wrists, hem and neckline.
- It was low, yet not revealing, and her sleeves were long and loose with tight cuffs at the wrists.
- Dragons on the neckline, at the wrists and at the hemline of the gown stare boldly outward.
- Embroidery of colorful dragons chasing their tails encircles the cuffs of her wrists, hemline and neckline.
- The sleeves were white and had an elastic cuff around her wrist causing it to take a bell shape somewhat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.