In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1proteger contra escritura
- Note: after you are done configuring the Linux router, write-protect the floppy disk you are using.
- When you lend your own disk to others, always write-protect your disk.
- This is a very small switch located on the side of the drive, which enables you to write-protect the drive, from the flick of a switch.
- In this way the disk can even be write-protected.
- The user data area is divided into 64-byte blocks, and each block can be write-protected to prevent accidental deletion or alteration of data.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.