In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papel de carta masculine
- Or maybe I should just change my writing paper to a brand that guarantees the essential work gets done.
- All other tables should have pens/pencils, writing paper, and copies of the sample letter to the editor.
- Each was bound along the left ledge with the kind of rubbery glue used to bind a pad of writing paper and featured jokes and an occasional smidgen of story.
- Creative learning could involve innovative use of low cost materials such as old newspapers, thermocole, brown paper and even single-sided writing paper.
- Why not include a stamped addressed envelope and writing paper with the present?
- First, get comfortable with writing paper handy.
- An unexpected visitor just arrived: a black aphid, with tiny transparent wings, has landed on my writing paper.
- He handed me a small, Manila coloured envelope made of heavy writing paper.
- So caught up was he that he wrote little stories on the backs of old seed calendar pages, there being a lack of writing paper around the farm.
- So, get out your pens and writing paper, and write a hand written letter (no faxes or emails, type only if your handwriting is so bad that it can't be read) to your MP asking that they support this bill.
- And tonight looking at that photo I felt this huge pang and then put the group of photos back in their little sleeve and away with my archaic writing paper, to stumble upon again another day.
- While searching for what high society calls ‘social stationery’, I stumbled upon a lovely Atlantic essay on engraved writing paper.
- Paper and board are recycled to produce packaging materials, tissue, toilet paper, printing paper, and writing paper.
- Two of my weaknesses are shoes and writing paper.
- The many shortages of supplies included writing paper.
- I have a clean, beautiful piece of writing paper sitting in front of me and I intend to write only beautiful things about myself on it.
- Welcomed in Rotterdam by the Red Cross and the Prince of Holland, Noschke delighted in gifts of flowers, cigarettes, chocolate and writing paper.
- I just had to sit there looking alert and hand out extra writing paper when it was needed.
- He was referring to the last-minute amendments that had been handed in on lined writing paper in green ink, rather than in the formal style of the House.
- Notes are regularly recycled in the United States and turned into ordinary writing paper or egg boxes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.