In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hierro forjado masculine
- Behind his store's brick facade, he displays everything from wrought-iron bistro tables and wall-mounted plant hangers to pots and urns.
- The look of Wrought Iron and the quality and durability of heavy duty steel add up to years of enjoyment of our Home Accessories.
- A second-story balcony is adorned with elaborate wrought-iron railings and windows framed by elongated pointed arches.
- Inside, the home takes on even more of a storybook aspect, with fantastically carved wood ceilings and walls and curly wrought-iron hardware.
- They were seated at a round, wrought-iron table, William and Harry on one side, Laurel and Patrick on the other, and Charles at the head.
- The wide walkway meanders around trees and past an antique roadster, wrought-iron lampposts, and even an authentic English telephone box.
- The large window behind the red velvet sofa frames the yard next door, which holds a black, wrought-iron raven, its outspread wings over six feet across.
- The wrought-iron entrance gates and meandering drive reflect the sense of romance and grandeur that characterized the Roaring Twenties.
- It has now been cleared up, a touristic shrine with arty wrought-iron lamps, brick walls carefully pointed, everywhere evidence of restoration.
- The appealing curves and elegant designs of wrought iron can add a special accent to your outdoor décor.
- Pushing open the large wrought-iron gate leading into the large front courtyard of the Wallace Manor, Aric stepped inside and waited for his sister to do likewise before closing it again.
- Metal or wrought-iron finials fit perfectly in a mature setting such as a master bedroom, a den, or a study.
- Comparing the black hue of your wrought-iron garden gate with the gleaming steel of the car bumper, can they really be the same element?
- The sense of an old hacienda is back, with arched hallways, massive ceiling beams, a spiral staircase with wrought-iron railing and a sunken garden.
- Natural-finish hardwood floors help warm up the pale walls, and a flat ceiling and graceful wrought-iron chandelier add intimacy.
- Between the pillars, just beneath the roof, alternating crests of the football club or cricket club are suspended by wrought-iron lacework.
- It will be a chance to see the stunningly restored wrought-iron interior of the Victorian building and the newly-restored Prince Consort engine working.
- The tower is composed of four arched, wrought-iron legs tapering inward to form a single column that rises to 300 meters, or 986 feet.
- Trees were removed and 15 metres chopped off its crest to provide a level site for the eight prefabricated wrought-iron barracks that arrived from Australia.
- The anchor chains of large ships have been made from wrought iron for centuries, whilst the masterly 1860 gates of the Palace of Westminster have recently withstood ramming by a motorist incensed by failings of the NHS.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.