In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cromosoma X masculine
- Remarkably, almost all of these traits map genetically to the X chromosome.
- Analysis of males for most loci allowed these loci to be mapped to autosomes or the X chromosome.
- In most species males carry a single X chromosome and two autosomes, while females have two copies of both.
- The largest cluster of imprinted genes in humans is the X chromosome.
- In contrast to the autosomes, recombination of the X chromosome occurs only in females.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.