In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informalsíoh, yeah, what else did she say? — ¿ah, sí? / ¿en serio? ¿y qué más te dijo?
- I'll stop you! — oh, yeah? — ¡no te voy a dejar! — ¿ah, sí? ¡no me digas!
- He doesn't apologise, just tacitly admits that yeah, maybe it is all these things.
- A great shame, because he was very innovative, but yeah, we think he's lost it now.
- I really had made a concious effort to speak more and stuff, so yeah, I am still a little miffed.
- It seemed a bit weird having a festival in the middle of town, but I'm looking forward to this, yeah.
- Oh yeah, and Catherine Deneuve, who's wonderful in pretty much everything she does.
- So yeah, it appears I have many a good music tale to tell during my exploits over the years.
- So yeah, I don't have a problem with Sean and he has no reason to have a problem with me.
- So, yeah, what I mean is that I don't care how I perform but I want that medal round my neck.
- Oh, Ok, I didn't have a bloody clue where I was, but I found my way home in the end, yeah?
- Yeah yeah, I know, self promotion and all that, but I still really like this version.
- Yeah, yeah, I mean our couple of advisors told us many stories of romance in the department.
- Well, yeah, obviously him, but who will he get to do the press conferences in Arabic?
- Or do we meet it head-on, admit that, yeah, we have a chance and not hide away from it?
- So, yeah, the Manics gig was cancelled at the last minute because JDB has the flu.
- Mostly, he kills time with multitudinous yeahs and all right nows, which is merely tedious.
- I have no clue how our idiotic principal got that idea but yeah, okay, if he says so.
- Yeah, it's smelly, yeah, it screws up the atmosphere, yeah, people die because of it.
- The response was a bunch of yeahs, sures, OKs, and yeses.
- Then they come on and sing and you just think, yeah, nice song, they can sing okay, so what?
- We need to have righteous indignation on our side. We need to fight evil, yeah!
- So yeah, I think my initial outrage during that monologue was just my inner geek showing through.
- Yeah Yeah yeah. You're gonna say why didn't I get some food as well while I was at it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.