In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de todo el año
- The finding has led to renewed calls for British Summer Time to be used year-round to give lighter afternoons and evenings.
- A portion of the collection can be viewed year-round at a museum in Nelson.
- We plan to hire a consultant who can train our year-round staff in emergency management.
- For one, they would like to remain open all year, but winter business has to warrant a year-round operation.
- Muddy fingers of water reach out to the famous seal colony, which is the year-round home to more than 500 seals.
- Pleasure Island in St. Anne's is to be transformed into a all-weather, year-round attraction.
- Texas, by contrast, has year-round warmth and could swallow the aggregate population of Alaska without so much as a belch.
- This set of teenage girls cultivate their outlandish look by tanning themselves year-round in salons and dying their hair gold.
- This is a very delicious salad which you will want to make year-round.
- Apart from the odd tourist, there are many non-Malay people who reside in Sarawak year-round.
- Perhaps that explains its year-round allure: as well as pleasing all the other senses, the grub is actually very good.
- The intensity of the team's year-round training regime would be wasted on a player of inferior ability.
- Bali is a year-round destination, with average temperatures in the high 20s.
- A spokesman for Cumbria Police said the don't drink and drive initiative was a year-round message.
- Those painted toenails, that designer handbag and year-round tan.
- As Lanzarote is only four and a half hours away, it spares you the jet lag and vaccinations, yet still offers the lure of year-round sun.
- The Resort operates year-round, but the cooler months are March to November.
- Used in the right way and with plants of appropriate scale, hedges bring year-round definition and a sense of enclosure.
- I have a year-round newspaper contract, I wrote my book, and produced a DVD with Freddie Flintoff.
- It has year-round beautiful ruby red leaves, which look particularly attractive with the light shining through.
1(durante) todo el año
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.