In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1at year end 2009 — al terminar el año 2009
- by year end — hacia fin de año
- Net debt at the year end is expected to be reduced ahead of schedule, at approximately €465 million.
- Profits for the year end are expected to come in at £760m.
- According to the Executive, the report will appear this spring - a full year after its official year end of March 2005.
- Then, come the year end, I have receipts for five envelopes, two stamps and a computer disk to set against my vast and ginormous tax bill.
- I don't think we are going in to a prolonged bear market, but I think it will be volatile and will have a downward bias and I think we can go lower before the year end.
- Plainly losses of that magnitude took some concealment particularly at the year end.
- Since preliminary tax is based on an estimate, it is fair to assume that after the year end, there will be a balance of tax due either to Revenue or to the tax payer.
- The management accounts for the year end to 28 February 1993 showed trading at a loss.
- Take your year-end numbers and compare them line by line with your business plan.
- By year end, we are likely to have revenue growth falling down through the inventory growth rate.
- It seems to me that this is the more realistic income figure for the Husband and it shall be adjusted retroactively, if the Husband receives a bonus at the year end.
- Q. For the purposes of each company at its year end it was desirable to resolve any outstanding financial queries?
- When it published its third quarter figures Elan said it expected to raise $200m cash from asset disposals by the year end.
- He doubted corporation tax figures would disappoint by year end, given the strong performance of the banks and the multinational sector.
- Thus Mars prepared their statutory accounts on the basis that part of the annual depreciation charge was included in the cost of unsold stock on hand at the year end.
- According to the institution it is on this basis that the trusts forecast deficit for the year end is now less than the £2.6 million originally forecasted.
- Assess investing goals In January, you will get your year-end portfolio statement.
- Up to about 30 years ago there was usually a small surplus in the coffers at the year end.
- Again, if postings had been carried out correctly, by the year end this account should also have had a nil balance.
- The group has, furthermore, performed well in its core activities in the period since the year end.
2year-end report — informe de fin de año masculine
- year-end sale — rebajas de fin de temporada
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.