In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1levadura femininebefore noun yeast dough — masa de levadura feminine
- The bagel is defined as a hard bread roll made of yeast dough twisted into a doughnutlike shape, cooked in simmering water and then baked.
- Allowing the yeast or other leavening agents to do their duty.
- For the last ten years, like a lump of bread dough without yeast, our consumption rates have refused to rise.
- This bottle-conditioned ale contains live yeast which allows the beer to develop in the bottle.
- But orgies of organic molecules are not life, just as flour, water, yeast, and salt are not bread.
- The box contains all the ingredients, like the grape juice concentrate, yeast, and stabilizing agents.
- To make the dough, blend the yeast with 4 tbsp water at body temperature.
- Each pack contained flour, sunflower oil, sugar, haricot beans, rice, salt, noodles, yeast, and canned food.
- Like with Mac's in Nelson, there's the pungent, delectable smell of yeast and fermentation.
- To make dough, allow yeast to stand in a small bowl until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- They were raised on standard cornmeal medium supplemented with live yeast.
- Added to selective breeding is another step, another human act, that of using yeast to raise the bread or ferment the wine.
- Place water, honey and yeast in the food processor and leave until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- One of the key ingredients in a home-baked loaf apart from yeast, flour, salt and water - is time.
- In yeast breads, use a bit more yeast or let the dough rise longer.
- Not yet available in the market, this bread is made of naturally fermented rice starter dough with no artificial yeast or preservatives added.
- When it came time to bake bread, a cup of this live culture would be added to the dough to provide the yeast needed to leaven the bread.
- As beer brewers do with yeast, the Wiandts drop bits of mycelia into a malt sugar solution.
- Kvass is a lightly fermented sour-sweet beverage that is commonly made of black bread or grain with yeast and somewhat resembles beer in flavor.
- The inclusion of yeast results in fermentation and causes the dough to rise, if it is left in a warm place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.