1(flower/dress/car/paint) amarillo(hair) muy rubio(hair) muy güero Mexico(hair) muy mono Colombia(hair) muy catire Venezuela(traffic light) amarillo US(traffic light) (invariable adjective) ámbar US(skin) amarillothe paper was yellow with age — el papel se había puesto amarillo / amarillento con el paso del tiempo
3(sensationalist)the yellow press — la prensa amarilla / amarillista / sensacionalista
4informal(cowardly)gallina informalcagueta(s) informalcobarde
- Bright yellow in colour, smeared with splodges of red, several seemed to sprout from one stem, almost like a flower.
- I have had a lot of success using the colours red and yellow, while green and blue tend to be very slow in producing runs.
- Then there are the body colours, chili red, liquid yellow, cool blue, hot orange and for the Cooper S only, hyper blue.
- In 1900 the colours were blue for France, yellow for Belgium, red for the United States and white for Germany.
- Although different in shape and size, both are yellow in colour and many children pick up the bomblets thinking they contain food.
- Buildings painted brilliant yellow, ochre, red or green and not looking over the top.
- Fresh look yellow has similar features, but is yellow in colour, of course.
- An intense golden yellow in colour, the Churchill is slightly creamer than the non-vintage, with a more mature nose of dried fruit and apricots.
- With vibrant colours - bright yellow, dark blue and fresh white - and a catchy jingle it is a commercial worth watching more than once.
- But the traditional colours used for the art remain ochre red and yellow, shades of blue and white and black.
- It will be the centenary year of Rotary International and the club intends having baskets of flowers in the movement's colours of blue and yellow.
- The schools new colours are maroon, royal blue and yellow.
- Covering less than one-thousandth of the page, along with their colour combination of yellow on white, makes them invisible to the naked eye, Crean says.
- Huge sticker-boards in bright yellow, blue and red will greet the children as they walk in.
- We had a globe at home, and I half-believed that countries were actually colored red or blue or yellow.
- Behind the house is a border like a theatre set, its foreground dashed with red, yellow and blue of flowering bushes against a backdrop of a hundred greens.
- Dark green, ocean blue, metallic greys and whites, black and vibrant flashes of cobalt blue and acid yellow are the season's colours.
- Sami loved bikes, lived for them, so we bought him a moped, a 50 cc bike in bright yellow, his favourite colour.
- They come in the colours of submarine yellow, stadium red, quarry, and black.
- If you're buying practical loafers, opt for summery shades of sky blue or pale yellow, as seen in Tod's.
3US(signal)luz amarilla feminine
1ponerse amarilloponerse amarillento