In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tarjeta amarilla femininesee also card
- They have four players on yellow cards, while Porto have five.
- A referee might start the game off in stern fashion, brandishing yellow cards left, right and centre.
- The referee produced a yellow card but in the melee it was impossible to tell who he booked.
- Players can receive yellow cards for dissent, poor challenges or abusive remarks to other players.
- If a player gets two yellow cards in the first round, she is suspended for the next game.
- What is the difference between a yellow card in hockey and a yellow card in soccer?
- Stelios and Birmingham's David Dunn were booked for diving, although both players later had their yellow cards rescinded.
- The referee bought his yellow card out and Gascoigne was out of the final were England to make it through.
- A team may win a game 5-1, but it can still score an own goal, have three yellow cards and a player sent off.
- The only thing is, Portugal will be without some key players because they have a lot of yellow cards.
- A weak shot and header in either half was all he could muster in a stop-start game that had too many yellow cards and free kicks.
- Luckily the referee only showed a yellow card, the resulting penalty punishment enough.
- A big factor in all the forthcoming league games will be the use of the yellow card by referees.
- How many times has a player been awarded two yellow cards for fouls that, added up, are not sufficient to lead to a dismissal.
- The first half finished without a goal and it looked as if neither side would score, then a flurry of yellow cards opened the game up.
- A fight broke out among the forwards late in the second half and this led to four players receiving yellow cards.
- Wright was in jubilant mood at the end of a game which saw one red and three yellow cards handed out by referee Graeme Hannah.
- The restless Blackpool away end were made more furious by the inconsistency of the referee in handing out yellow cards.
- Out came the yellow card, the spot kick was retaken and this time it hit a post.
- He could not be trusted, they said, because he had clocked up one red card and 20 yellow cards in the past two seasons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.