In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1páginas amarillas feminine
- About 62% of the publication is dedicated to telephone number listings and 25% to the Yellow Pages.
- Then, together with 11 other trainee telesales reps, I was led to a room where dozens of staff sat randomly plucking business phone numbers from Yellow Pages and deceiving them into forking out money.
- The Yellow Pages are full of listings for general building contractors.
- RR Donnelley continues to print Yellow Pages and Business Pages for Yell.
- Randomly picking business telephone numbers from Yellow Pages they conned thousands of victims - always dialling 141 before each call so it could not be traced.
- Do they want work or do they have their names and addresses printed in Yellow Pages for fun?
- For your nearest CAB, social services or housing department, see your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages.
- The doctors would start to ask questions; I mentally ran through all the hospitals we'd been to already, and then got out the phone book and scanned the Yellow Pages.
- The featured DJs claimed to be able to smell records in a town as they hit its outskirts, while others cursed their luck at arriving too late, the record-shop listings in the Yellow Pages having been ripped out by their rivals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.