1(expressing assent)¡sí señor!
- It's all ‘yessir, nosir, yessir, nosir…’ It could start to make a man a little depressed. ‘Little’ meaning up to the extent of suicidal.
- Uh, yessir - pardun me, sir - but, uh, how will the ship know time's movin’ a-forwart?
- They'll sweat their rears off, they'll yessir and nosir you to death, but when it comes down to it, they're just too damn eager, too revved up to slow down and think.
- ‘Uh, yessir,’ the guard shifted his weight, moving his halberd back to rest.
- Damn that were close, I think it got you Massa that time, yessir.
2US(expressing affirmation)it was yessir cheap! — ¡era requete barato! informal
- I be keepin’ you young'uns outta trouble today, yessir!’
- ‘Why, yessir, we do,’ Luca said matter-of-factly.
- They never fail to liven up our putrid existence. hecklerspray has a particular penchant for a cat fight and, yessir, there's one a-brewin’!