1(material) blando(material) flexible
- He walked out on yielding sand and looked up the rock-face.
- Nothing in the world is more flexible and yielding than water.
- We collapse in a disappointing heap on the yielding sand.
- The cookies tasted home-made, with just the right ratio of dry crumbliness to chewiness and that fantastic contrast you get from crunchy baked hazelnuts and soft, yielding fruit.
- It was both yielding as water normally is and yet hard like glass.
- Instead of unpredictable bounces on baking hard surfaces, Monty realised the yielding landing areas would suit his dartboard game.
- Darien leapt off the swing and landed on the yielding sand.
- The expedition crossed the shelf of rock, testing the non-slip soles of their rubber boots to the limit, and set off along slightly yielding sand.
2(temperament/person) flexible(person/temperament) complaciente