In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Take up meditation and yoga so there is minimal steam to let off.
- Take a dance or yoga class, or sign up at a gym and ask a trainer to help you use the weights.
- Even in her 80s she kept up her yoga and dance classes, and could still perform a headstand.
- Babies as young as six weeks are being supported through yoga postures by specially trained staff.
- A discipline such as yoga promotes fitness and bodily awareness.
- I read books on yoga and Ayurveda.
- There are a number of yoga for pregnancy classes available in North Yorkshire.
- We learn yoga and meditation but the practice slips away when you are caught up with work.
- He practises yoga and he reads the Hindu bible.
- This process is the only kind of yoga that you can actually practice by eating.
- Raja yoga is the yoga of meditation.
- A yogi, or yogin is one who practices yoga or who, in a more general sense, is a Hindu ascetic.
- He's into yoga.
- The yoga and tai chi classes alone provide sufficient exercise
- I have been to yoga classes twice and thought it was hard.
- In the East yoga is much more than an exercise system.
- It doesn't have to be about a specific daily yoga practice or philosophy or teacher.
- Every week, Rachel performs two nights in a club and teaches dance and yoga classes.
- Prices include three four-course dinners, breakfast every day and five yoga classes.
- There are many ways to practise yoga beyond getting on a mat and moving through postures.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.