In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1yema (de huevo) feminine
- Put the rind, juice, yolks and sugar in a small basin and place over a pan of boiling water.
- Separate egg whites and yolks into separate bowls.
- Fresh eggs from free-range chickens will produce a stronger binder because of the rich, viscous yolks.
- To make the custard, separate the eggs and whisk the vanilla sugar into the yolks (save the whites for meringues).
- You may be used to eating the whites and discarding the yolks, but skip that step during pregnancy because the yolks provide extra calories, Vitamin D and folic acid.
- Whole egg protein contains yolks and whites, providing a high ratio of indispensable amino acids.
- The yolks were homogenized with 1 ml water per gram of yolk.
- The eggs were then cracked open, and the yolks and whites of the egg samples from the same batch were pooled and homogenized with an electric mixer.
- These new noodles substitute soy flour for semolina flour and may contain egg whites or yolks to boost protein.
- Mix egg yolk and lemon juice, add to flour mixture, and mix to a stiff dough
- Use hands to slowly incorporate yolks into potato and flour mixture.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and sugar mixture.
- The preserved eggs, with their green-and-yellow yolks and amber whites, cut into segments and arranged around a pile of chopped green peppers like the petals of a flower.
- Mix the egg yolk, milk, sugar and potato flour together in a small saucepan.
- Leftover raw egg whites and yolks should be put in airtight containers and refrigerated immediately, then used within a day or two.
- In bowl, whisk together sugar and yolks until light yellow and foamy.
- Cool and peel eggs, reserving yolks and discarding whites.
- Gently drizzle vinegar over yolks and sprinkle sugar and salt on top.
- When the whites congeal, just spoon some water over the yellow yolks and the albumen will turn white, and you have your runny eggs.
- Gradually pour half of hot milk mixture over yolks while whisking constantly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.