In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He discovered many other delicacies involving Yorkshire pudding batter when he researched the simple concoction of flour, milk and egg for his first volume.
- My favourite food is roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
- We were treated to a roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puddings and we were all served within an hour.
- Two of the traditional meals of England are fish and chips on the surf side, and on the turf side, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding.
- Marjorie chose traditional roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and gravy.
- For the main course my cousin had the traditional roast rib of beef with Yorkshire pudding.
- This curry, I discovered, was to West Africa what roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is to England, and it was the standard meal for Sunday lunch.
- We get a lot of Japanese takeaways, but I really love a traditional roast with Yorkshire pudding and gravy.
- I went for the traditional roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
- Three of our party opted for roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings, and I picked the haddock and chips.
- On this wet Saturday afternoon, wedding guests are happily knocking back the champagne and mini roast beef and Yorkshire pudding canapés while the bride and groom are outside quickly having their photos taken during a brief sunny spell.
- Chicken tikka masala has replaced roast beef and Yorkshire pudding as the country's favourite dish.
- I love the traditional food they do here - roast beef and Yorkshire pudding and sausages and mash.
- The specialities include duck roast and beef roast with Yorkshire pudding.
- He's still got a good appetite and his favourite is still roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
- Indeed, it's chicken tikka masala, not roast beef and Yorkshire pudding or fish and chips which is the Brits' number one dish.
- As a Yorkshire man, I am a huge fan of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, I really don't think you can beat it.
- Along with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, choices in the buffet include lamb, turkey or pork.
- Just think of the warm glow you feel when you tuck into a plate of tender slices of roast beef and perfectly-risen Yorkshire puddings.
- The two have long been considered as natural together as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
masa horneada a base de leche, huevos y harina que se sirve tradicionalmente con el rosbif
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.