In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1albergue juvenil masculinealbergue de la juventud masculine
- My two new buddies walk me to the youth hostel, which is closed.
- He'd thought he would easily find a simple youth hostel.
- I could not remain in the main youth hostel, but there was an overflow hostel in another part of the city and I could stay there.
- I asked him how he knew this girl, and he said he had met her in a youth hostel in Brittany in France.
- My initial response to join a bunch of Japanese adults playing clapping games at a youth hostel was ‘No way.’
- We had been staying at a youth hostel and were on our way back to the train station.
- There would be additional employment in the offices, boutiques and a youth hostel.
- When I arrived at the youth hostel there was a very strange smell.
- Staying in a youth hostel, I took some food up to Scotland with me.
- While looking in store windows near the youth hostel where she was staying, Gallagher spotted some funky handblown-glass jewelry.
- On the Miramare access road is a youth hostel with a location a five-star hotel would die for: overlooking the beach, with its own lively terrace bar.
- Stay on this as you descend down towards the youth hostel.
- The students had a brilliant time and the youth hostel has commented on their exemplary behaviour.
- The youth hostel had a mandatory all day lockout.
- This is a five star place and some people can't believe that it's a youth hostel.
- No doubt, they are sharing a small room in a youth hostel in each country they hit, given that they are such good gal pals.
- In 1985 she made a pilgrimage from a youth hostel in Dublin to the National Gallery of Ireland to view Lady Writing a Letter with her Maid, and last March she was asked to give a talk in the Prado in Madrid.
- The 38-year-old former pupil at Colchester's St Helena School was reported missing in February when he failed to return to the youth hostel he was staying in.
- While staying at a youth hostel, James met Australian traveller, Kristy Ladzik, and after a couple of drunken nights out James suggested they get married as a joke.
- At 35 € a night per person it's cheaper than the youth hostel.
1hacer alberguismo (juvenil)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.