In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fanatic)fanático masculinefanática feminine
- There will never be a time for reason when religious zealots believe they have control of this country.
- Reams of unsolicited e-mail are generated daily by religious zealots.
- How did the respective religions allow such zealots to gain such followings?
- The partisan crowd was waiting silently in anticipation as religious zealots would for a messiah.
- The Mater zealots have created an ideal opportunity for change.
- The conversation was taking on the kind of circularity I've experienced in arguments with religious zealots.
- Do religious zealots regularly cry ‘scum’ when they pass him by on the street?
- Both appear to agree that religious zealots should be regarded as the authentic voice of their faith.
- The Religious zealot vehemently opposes curiosity or concern for anyone outside their circle.
- The only people who cite the Columbia study are kooks and religious zealots.
- Indeed through history there have been religious wars where zealots have perpetrated atrocities in the name of their religion.
- Creationism often conjures visions of religious zealots who believe the book of Genesis verbatim.
- When he talks about the case, he sounds less like a zealous advocate than a political zealot.
- No nation has freedom when it is run by religious zealots.
- He says there have always been religious zealots, but modern technology has given them a lethal capacity.
- People said he didn't support faith, an interesting claim since Democrats labeled him a religious zealot.
- The religious zealots see rai music as the apotheosis of a secular culture they consider lewd and impious.
- The level of delusion here eclipses that of the most fanatical of religious zealots.
- Does anybody else see the logic error in stating that religious zealots wanted to create a secular nation?
- I can't get the image of Glen and several religious zealots on the tire swing out of my mind.
2Zealot(member of Jewish sect)zelotazelote
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.