In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cinc masculinezinc masculine
- These changes were associated with large increases in phosphorus, potassium, zinc, iron, manganese, and copper.
- Soy beans are also a rich source of calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, omega - 3 fatty acids and fiber.
- A coating of zinc on steel can be used and the aluminum welded to it by the gas tungsten arc welding process.
- Connecting the steel to a higher potential metal, such as zinc, by a wire reverses the current and halts the rebar corrosion.
- A zinc rich paint coating protects the interior of the pipe.
- Most farmers are adding selenium, copper, zinc and iodine to their water supply.
- The roof structure is of laminated wood, clad in silver-colored aluminum and zinc.
- It is very common for fireworks to contain aluminum, iron, steel, zinc or magnesium dust in order to create bright, shimmering sparks.
- Coatings such as zinc and tin provide protection against corrosion.
- In the water samples, elevated levels of chromium, chlorine, molybdenum, and zinc were found in the MS cluster area.
- Look for sunblocks and protective moisturizers with zinc or titanium dioxide.
- He has been known to test his blood to regulate levels of zinc, magnesium and oxygen.
- Plates can be made from a variety of metals, including zinc, copper, bronze and steel.
- Bison meat contains many minerals but is highest in selenium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, copper and magnesium content.
- Minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, nickel, and other metals continue to be released from the vent as long as it remains active - usually one to two years.
- Fortified breakfast cereals with milk are an important source of iron, calcium, zinc, folic acid and B vitamins.
- The primary use of zinc is in galvanizing other metals, especially iron and steel.
- Alloyed with tin, copper makes bronze, and combined with zinc, it makes brass.
- The atomic sizes of zinc and silver differ little from that of aluminum.
- Our own bodies contain several essential metals, such as zinc, copper and iron.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.