In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cinc masculinezinc masculine
- He has been known to test his blood to regulate levels of zinc, magnesium and oxygen.
- Most farmers are adding selenium, copper, zinc and iodine to their water supply.
- Minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, nickel, and other metals continue to be released from the vent as long as it remains active - usually one to two years.
- Coatings such as zinc and tin provide protection against corrosion.
- Our own bodies contain several essential metals, such as zinc, copper and iron.
- A zinc rich paint coating protects the interior of the pipe.
- The roof structure is of laminated wood, clad in silver-colored aluminum and zinc.
- Plates can be made from a variety of metals, including zinc, copper, bronze and steel.
- Look for sunblocks and protective moisturizers with zinc or titanium dioxide.
- Connecting the steel to a higher potential metal, such as zinc, by a wire reverses the current and halts the rebar corrosion.
- Bison meat contains many minerals but is highest in selenium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, copper and magnesium content.
- Soy beans are also a rich source of calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, omega - 3 fatty acids and fiber.
- Fortified breakfast cereals with milk are an important source of iron, calcium, zinc, folic acid and B vitamins.
- In the water samples, elevated levels of chromium, chlorine, molybdenum, and zinc were found in the MS cluster area.
- The atomic sizes of zinc and silver differ little from that of aluminum.
- The primary use of zinc is in galvanizing other metals, especially iron and steel.
- These changes were associated with large increases in phosphorus, potassium, zinc, iron, manganese, and copper.
- It is very common for fireworks to contain aluminum, iron, steel, zinc or magnesium dust in order to create bright, shimmering sparks.
- Alloyed with tin, copper makes bronze, and combined with zinc, it makes brass.
- A coating of zinc on steel can be used and the aluminum welded to it by the gas tungsten arc welding process.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.