In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1circón masculinezircón masculine
- Among his other discoveries were large zircon crystals found in a small tunnel in North Cheyenne Canyon.
- Quartz is associated most commonly with aegirine and potassium feldspar as well as zircon.
- Sillimanite, cordierite, apatite, monazite and zircon are also present.
- In the andesitic rocks zircon is less abundant than in the porphyroids.
- Even resistant minerals such as zircon have been found to be etched by bacteria.
- A honey-colored to brown zircon continues to be mined that can be heat-treated to lighten the color.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.