In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But the desire for a deeper understanding of the forest and its creatures led him back to Moscow to study zoology.
- When the war ended, he was over 50, and instead of returning to mouse genetics he retreated into more general physiology and zoology.
- He contributed an immense amount of research in vertebrate and invertebrate zoology and paleontology, and also wrote and lectured on the history of science.
- Scientific botany and zoology dealt not with the dynamics of whole living organisms in the field but with dissection of fragments in the laboratory.
- Thus one school friend stopped our career master in his tracks by announcing that he planned to study zoology.
- Gene's studies in zoology began at age 15 at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- T H. Huxley, too, had an enormous influence on Morgan, training him in zoology when Morgan returned to London for postgraduate study not long after his geology degree.
- In many ways this text also serves as an introduction to anatomy, zoology, nutrition, water chemistry and animal husbandry.
- It explains and supports findings in scientific areas ranging from botany to zoology and embryology to neuroscience.
- I did my doctorate in zoology, in very basic science - development and evolution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.