In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calabacín masculinecalabacita feminine Mexicozapallito masculine Southern Conezapallito largo masculine Southern Conezapallito italiano masculine Southern Cone
- Saute yellow and green zucchini in olive oil and season with oregano or basil for a quick and nutritious side dish
- The soups include a selection of the cream variety - cauliflower, potato, mushroom, asparagus and zucchini.
- Some varieties of zucchini are specially grown to be of miniature size when they bear flowers, the body of the fruit then being little more than a handle for the bloom.
- If you're feeling arty, use the whole leaves to tie up bundles of carrots, asparagus, or sliced zucchini.
- He grew sweet peppers and chili peppers, lima and green beans, zucchini and red, yellow and cherry tomatoes.
- The Grilled Veggie Salad comes with zucchini, squash, and eggplant on spring greens with red onions and red cabbage.
- Tiny turnips, the first finger-length zucchini and broad beans are there for the asking.
- Whether it's fried mozzarella sticks, fried zucchini, fried ice cream or a French fry, they're all soaking in bad fats.
- Our Mediterranean melange starts with purchased polenta, which we sliced and grilled with zucchini, fennel, and eggplant.
- They sell new potatoes, baby eggplant, tender zucchini, diminutive brassicas, cherry tomatoes, and more.
- To serve, place a 2-inch ring mold in the center of a soup bowl, fill with zucchini, and remove the ring mold.
- For a simple and beautiful dish, peel zucchini with a vegetable peeler and dress with olive oil, lemon, parmesan and pepper - zucchini carpaccio.
- The risottos change daily, and the one I sampled was well made and tastefully dotted with bits of fresh zucchini and shrimp.
- I remember the last time I had zucchini flowers they were fritters - it is a simple but nice way to enjoy their pretty appearance and mild flavor of squash.
- Place the shrimp over the onion rings and drizzle the cilantro-lime butter over the shrimp and zucchini.
- Plates of zucchini were passed, along with bread crisps, garlic bread, tomatoes, garlic, onions in olive oil, and lots of other free food.
- Many Arab dishes, like stuffed zucchini or green peppers and stuffed grape or cabbage leaves, are highly labor-intensive.
- The cubes of meat were topped with a variety of vegetables - zucchini, bell pepper and asparagus, among others - with their skins deliciously grilled.
- Lisa told me yesterday that she is certifying her garden along with the farm this year so she could sell excess cucumbers, peppers and zucchini as organic to the local health food store.
- We're talking red cabbage salad here, grilled zucchini and red pepper, and a salsa-y side of diced tomatoes and onions, heavily flavoured with fresh cilantro.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.