1cigoto masculinezigoto masculine
- Early embryonic development in many plants is characterized by asymmetric cell division of the zygote, which specifies apical and basal regions.
- In charophytes, the first cell division of the zygote is meiosis, and their plant body is gametophytic.
- Conjugation frequencies were calculated by dividing the number of zygotes (one zygote counted as two cells) by the total number of cells present.
- Those 10 frozen little 16 or 32 cell zygotes will never be used for anything else.
- A brief exposure to chloroform vapors kills vegetative cells but not zygotes.
- The fusion of egg and sperm restores the diploid chromosome number in the zygote.