In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1absolutelytotallyme resulta absolutamente imposible asistir — it's absolutely / totally impossible for me to attend
- no se ve absolutamente nada — you can't see a thing
- no encontró absolutamente nada que le gustara — she didn't find a single thing she liked
- no vino absolutamente nadie — not a soul came
- es completa y absolutamente falso — it is completely and utterly untrue
- ¿estás segura? — absolutamente — are you sure? — absolutely / I'm positive
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.