In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gran cantidad)abundanceestá documentado con abundancia de estadísticas — it is documented with a wealth of statistics
- hay abundancia de aves en la región — the area is rich in birdlife
- hay comida en abundancia — there's plenty of food
2(riqueza)tiempos de abundancia — times of plenty
- viven en la abundancia — they're very affluent
- la sociedad de la abundancia — the affluent society
- nadar en la abundancia — to be made of money
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.