In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1con antelación — in advance
- avísame con bastante antelación — let me know in good time / in plenty of time
- saqué la entrada con un mes de antelación — I bought the ticket one month in advance
- llegó con dos días de antelación — she arrived two days early
- el cambio se les comunicará con la debida antelación — you will be given sufficient notice of the change
- con antelación a algo — prior to sth
- con antelación a su boda — prior to her wedding
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.