In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pero ahí conocí gente extraordinaria, aprendí un inglés negro, apocopado.
- "Ni siquiera su apocope de ""Gente bien""."
- Por entonces, ya tocaba bajo el apocope de TV Noise.
- Para ello elimina el apocope y enriquece el vocabulario.
- "Que era una apocope de ""busca vida""."
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.