In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(institución, lugar)librarybiblioteca universitaria/pública — university/public library
- biblioteca de consulta — reference library
- biblioteca ambulante / móvil — mobile library
- biblioteca circulante — mobile library
- biblioteca de componentes visuales — VCL
- biblioteca de depósito legal — copyright library
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.