In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- En cambray de color blanco, largo y con cola de perfil trapezoidal.
- Dos albas de cambray labrado, sin amitos.
- Agregar las papas cambray y las habas previamente cocidas.
- Sirve caliente y decora con rabos de cebolla cambray.
- Verter la salsa obtenida sobre las papas cambray en el fuego.
- Nos vamos a la provincia de Salta y comemos un buen pastel de cambray.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.