1(invitar)to inviteconvidar a algn a algo — to invite sb to sth
- nos convidaron a unas copas en el bar — they invited us to have / invited us for a few drinks in the bar
- convidar a algn a + inf — to invite sb to + inf
- me convidó a pasar unos días en su casa — she invited me to spend a few days at her house
2Latin America(ofrecer)to offer¿qué estás comiendo? ¿no me convidas? — what are you eating? aren't you going to offer me any?
- convidar a algn con algo / convidarle algo a algn — to offer sth to sb
- me convidó con bombones — he offered me some chocolates