In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Biology Physiologygrowthestá en período de crecimiento — he's at an age where he's growing very quickly
- niños con un retraso en el crecimiento — children suffering from stunted growth
2(aumento)growthun bajo crecimiento — a low growth rate
- economías con crecimientos negativos — negative growth economies
- el crecimiento de la producción — the increase / growth in production
- una industria en crecimiento — a growth industry
- el crecimiento del PNB — the growth / increase in the GNP
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.