In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1domicilio legal — domicile formal
- en su domicilio particular — at his home
- sin domicilio fijo — of no fixed abode
- Pat Lee, con domicilio en Londres/en el número 23 de Watson Rd — Pat Lee, currently living in London/at 23 Watson Rd
- reparto a domicilio — delivery service
- agradecemos comuniquen sus cambios de domicilio — please inform us of any change of address
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.