In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pregnantquedó / (Spain) se quedó embarazada — she got / became pregnant
- está embarazada de dos meses — she's two months pregnant
- estaba embarazada de su segundo hijo — she was pregnant with / she was expecting her second child
- la dejó embarazada — he got her pregnant
- fue al médico porque no quedaba embarazada — she went to the doctor because she couldn't get pregnant
1pregnant womanejercicios para embarazadas — exercises for expectant mothers / pregnant women / mothers-to-be
- Ella vive en Capital Federal y esta embarazada de 3 meses.
- Hemostasia en la embarazada normal y en la hipertensión h.
- La embarazada diabética sabe que no puede permitirse el antojo”.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.