In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1illnesscontraer una enfermedad — to contract an illness/a disease formal
- padece una enfermedad incurable — he is suffering from / he has an incurable illness
- una enfermedad que afecta a los humanos — a disease that affects humans
- tras una larga enfermedad — after a long / lengthy illness
- está de baja por enfermedad — he's off sick
- enfermedades de la piel — skin diseases
- enfermedad contagiosa — contagious disease
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.