In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mistakefue un error decírselo — it was a mistake to tell him
- cometió varios errores importantes — she made several serious mistakes / errors
- firmé el documento — ¡craso error! — I signed the document — (that was a) big / bad mistake!
- estás en un error — you're wrong / mistaken
- ¿quién lo va a sacar de su error? — who's going to put him right?
- un grave error de cálculo — a serious miscalculation
- un error de ortografía — a spelling mistake
- salvo error u omisión — errors and omissions excepted
- por error — in error
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.