In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(planta industrial)factoryfábrica de zapatos/muebles — shoe/furniture factory
- fábrica de textiles — textile mill
- fábrica de papel — paper mill
- fábrica de cerveza — brewery
- fábrica de conservas — canning plant
- un defecto de fábrica — a manufacturing defect
2Buildingstoneworkuna pared de fábrica — a stone wall
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.