In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1date¿qué fecha es hoy? — what date is it today?
- (en correspondencia) con / de fecha 7 de marzo último — dated March 7 last
- tuve que adelantar la fecha — I had to bring forward the date
- atrasaron la fecha — they moved back the date
- hasta la fecha — to date
- le dieron/tiene fecha para Agosto — (para el parto) the baby is due in August
- el año pasado por estas fechas — this time last year
- [ S ] inauguración en fecha próxima — opening soon
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.