In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cada hoja posee una espina en la base del folíolo.
- El folíolo terminal es mayor que los laterales.
- Para mantener hidratado el folíolo se le colocó un algodón húmedo.
- A partir de la 2 a evaluación se recolectaron lo folíolo.
- Pecíolo de cada folíolo de una hoja compuesta.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.