In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(influjo)influenceel edificio es de / tiene influencia barroca — the building displays baroque influence
- bajo la influencia del alcohol — under the influence of alcohol
- influencia en / sobre algo — influence on /upon sth
- los clásicos ejercieron una gran influencia en su obra — his works were greatly influenced by the classics
- la influencia de los astros sobre la vida humana — the influence of the stars on human life
- influencia sobre algn — influence on sb
- esa mujer ejerce una mala influencia sobre ti — that woman is / has a bad influence on you
2influencias feminine plural(contactos)contactstiene influencias en las altas esferas — she's got influential contacts
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.