In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Su resolución gráfica es no ya limitada, sino limitadísima.
1.1(restringido)(responsabilidad/tiempo/poder) limitedproductos de duración limitada — products with a limited shelf life
- tiene un visado por tiempo limitado — he has a temporary visa
- edición limitada — limited edition
1.2(escaso)limitedson casos muy limitados — these are a few very limited / isolated cases
- se siente muy limitado por las presiones externas — she feels very restricted / constrained by external pressures
- estar limitado a algo — to be restricted to sth
- están limitados a un espacio muy reducido — they are restricted to a very small space
2como actor es algo limitado — as an actor he's rather limited
- es un estudiante bastante limitado — he's a student of limited ability
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.